Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and make a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a drug free workplace. We currently have the following positions available:
President, Greater Tarrant County
Location: Arlington, TX
The President, Greater Tarrant County, will have primary oversight and responsibility for the market’s staff and is entrusted with exhibiting and championing the agency’s values to the staff. The Market President is also the primary fund development lead and is responsible for managing, securing and ensuring the financial sustainability for Big Brothers Big Sisters in Greater Tarrant County. S/he will be the face of BBBS of Greater Tarrant County and direct significant effort at identifying new individual major gift prospects. S/he will also lead that effort for any regional individual major gift prospects. S/he will be responsible for leadership to all the teams regional Marketing, Program(s), Community Engagement, Grants, Events and Agency Development functions. The President, Greater Tarrant County, is the primary person responsible for retaining and developing key talent and meeting department(s) objectives.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Lead the Greater Tarrant County market of Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star and be the primary, visible leader in the community for our agency working with the Lone Star CEO to promote the agency
- Lead and be held accountable to execute the growth goals and objectives of the agency in Greater Tarrant County according to the 2X22 strategic plan for BBBS Lone Star
- Work within a balanced P&L to manage expenses for the Greater Tarrant County market and ensure annual cash revenue exceeds budget goals set annually with CEO, CFO and Greater Tarrant County Regional Board
- Identify and develop a robust list of new individual major gift prospects; provide CEO with a bi-weekly status report.
- Demonstrate and solicit support for Big Brothers Big Sisters’ CEO, mission and vision, both externally and internally.
- Manage expenses within allotted budget and work with Regional Board to set annual budget and program goals
- Provide leadership and direction while empowering teams to ensure goals are achieved or exceeded. Effectively manage team members focusing on staff development and retention.
- Work with Chief of Operations and HR to identify and provide opportunities for professional development. Ensure performance measures are in place and staff are reviewed on a timely basis; and any areas for improvement are addressed.
- With support of the CEO, identify and execute strategic growth initiatives in the Greater Tarrant County market.
- Partner with Chief Program Officer, the Vice President of Programs and the Regional Senior Program Director to identify and implement innovative programming.
- Ensure regional Program safety and quality measures are met.
- Create and fulfill a fundraising model that results in growth of individual donor income, grant income, and event income (net).
- Provide direction to Marketing to ensure Marketing efforts are executed in order to increase the Greater Tarrant County regional market share.
- Collaboratively evaluate reports that identify and measure key outcomes; develop corrective strategies as needed to meet growth, safety, income, and/or expense goals.
- Successfully manage assigned partnerships.
- Build solid relationships with Executive and Regional Board members; identify key individuals to add to the current local market Board(s).
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- A good working knowledge of the philanthropic community in Texas.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, and especially good listening skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with proven track record of securing six and potentially seven figure gifts or experience demonstrating relevant competencies.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in a leadership position.
- Willingness to work within culturally diverse environments.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities